Follow these easy tips to find your next dream home exchange:
Tip 1: Use search filters
- “Homes with photos” – houses without photographs tend to delay a bit in replying.
- “Response rate > 80%” – members with high response rates will answer your inquiries quickly.
- “Guest Wanted” – shows those members who are actively looking for guests to exchange with using GuestPoints.
Tip 2: Check the availability calendar
Once you have found several homes you like and you will contact we recommend you contact only those members whose home is available for exchange on the dates you would like to travel. In the example below, you see that the member is only available from April 23 to April 30. If that fits in your travel schedule, contact them.
Tip 3: Show others you can be trusted
- Become a verified member! For only 25 € a GuestToGuest team member will verify your profile. The process is simple and 100% confidential; send in a photocopy of your identity card and proof of address, and we will confirm you are who you say you are.
- Refine your home description. When members look for an exchange they often want to know more about you and your home. How you describe your home matters. Make sure the description is 100% complete. Include photos, address, information about why you love your home and the surrounding area. Not only will this help other members want to exchange with you, it also earns you more GuestPoints!
- Refine your profile. In addition to describing your home, tell the community a bit about yourself. Your occupation, age, and even your hobbies make a big difference when it comes to finding that ideal home exchange.