A new version of the calendar is now available on our website to facilitate your search for a home exchange.
The calendar on your GuesttoGuest profile allows other members to know when your home is available for exchange.
When another member performs a search using travel dates your home will appear in their search results depending on the availability periods marked in your calendar.
What is new on the GuesttoGuest calendar?
3 colors = 3 clear availability statuses
You can choose between 3 different availability statuses to make your calendar easy to read:
1. Available shown in green
This status means: “I am available for a reciprocal exchange or a non reciprocal exchange using GuestPoints during this period.”
2. Guest Wanted shown in blue
This status means: “I am actively searching to host guests in exchange for GuestPoints during this period.”
3. Booked shown in red
This status means: “There will be GuesttoGuest members staying in my home during this period.” This status appears on your calendar automatically when you finalize an exchange as a host on GuesttoGuest.
The old calendar showed 5 different availability types. It has been improved to be more comprehensible for our members.
How to update your calendar
Follow these steps to update the availability periods on your calendar:
- Once on your GuesttoGuest profile, access your calendar by going to “My profile” at the top right of the screen and selecting “My home” from the drop down menu
- Click on the tab labeled “Calendar” found beneath your home’s title
- Click on the first date of your availability period – the start date – and then click on the end date. The entire period will be highlighted in grey
- Choose between “Available” and “Guest Wanted” for the period you selected
- You can also use these instructions to delete an availability period