Organise a home exchange with GuesttoGuest
Whether you are a newcomer to home exchange or a regular to home exchange, you may not have understood everything about GuestPoints. Here’s how to arrange a home exchange with GuestPoints.
The 2 types of home exchanges on GuesttoGuest
On GuesttoGuest you can organize 2 types of home exchanges.
Home exchanges can be reciprocal: you stay at the home of a member who comes to yours. You can even exchange on different dates for different lengths of time. It’s flexible and easy to arrange with another member.
Non-reciprocal exchanges using GuestPoints
Home exchange can be non-reciprocal thanks to our GuestPoints system; you earn GuestPoints by hosting, and you spend them by staying nights at another member’s home. Your host earns points from your stay and can then use them to go elsewhere.
For these exchanges:
- The host (the person hosting) can set a deposit. His guest (the person traveling) will pay 3.5% of this deposit at the time of finalization
- The host may require his guest to take out insurance. The insurance covers the guest in case of damage (stained carpet, …)
What are GuestPoints?
GuestPoints allow you to travel where and whenever you want.
The GuestPoint system was created to facilitate non-reciprocal home exchanges. Reciprocal home exchanges can sometimes be difficult to organize because it might be hard to find another member that wants to go on vacation to your home during the same dates that you want to go to theirs.
This is the reason GuesttoGuest invented GuestPoints, a points system used to organize free non-reciprocal exchanges.
Your house is measured in GuestPoints/night.
By registering all your home information, the site will automatically give a GuestPoints value to your home.
If your home is valued at 100 GuestPoints/night: each member who comes to your home for a non-reciprocal exchange will have to give you 100 GuestPoints for each night they stay at your home.
How to organize an exchange with GuestPoints?
Welcome gift: 750 GuestPoints offered to try home exchange!
By registering you will automatically receive 750 GuestPoints when your profile is 100% complete. Use these GuestPoints to be hosted by one of our members on an exchange.
How to do a home exchange with GuestPoints?
We advise you to propose the 2 types of exchange. For example, write to one of our members and ask “Would you be interested in a reciprocal exchange, if not, would you be interested in hosting me for GuestPoints?”
How to earn GuestPoints?
- Hosting members in your home during non-reciprocal exchanges
- By having your profile Verified. Have your account and identity verified by our team for 25 €. This will help boost your standing within our community and you will receive 500 additional GuestPoints.
Are you missing GuestPoints to finalize an exchange?
To earn GuestPoints, you can:
- Refer GuestToGuest to your friends
- Share your home exchange experience
- You can also buy GuestPoints in small quantities when finalizing an exchange
Are you missing Points to complete an exchange? Don’t stress, contact us at email@example.com so we can help you finalize your exchange.