Discover home exchange with stories from our members.
Have you ever been to the colorful and splendid villages of Cinque Terre? Did you think it was possible to do a home exchange there? Jo, a GuestToGuest member, had the chance to do both and she was kind enough to share her trip with us.
1. Where did you go on home exchange?
Monterosso, Cinque Terre in Italy.
2. How did you choose your destination and home exchange?
Cinque Terre was a dream destination for many years.
3. What was the conversation like with your host?
This was our second exchange and it was just as easy as our first. The host was very helpful and kind and communication was always fast and easy.
4. Your arrival: How was the house? Did you meet your host? Did they give you any gifts or tips for visiting the area?
The host met us at the train station and showed us to the nearby home. Everything was ready for us including breakfast items and beach towels. We couldn’t have asked for better.
5. How did exchanging your home influence your vacation, compared to a traditional vacation rental?
We were able to stay in an apartment and save money not only by not having to pay for accommodation but also by cooking some of our own meals.
6. Tell us what you saw during your trip.
We visited all the towns of the Cinque Terre and we had the best time exploring and swimming in the clearest waters we have ever seen. We also went to the nearby town of Levanto and rode a bike to two more towns along misused train tracks that had been converted to bike paths. They led us through tunnels along the incredible seaside landscape.
Bonus Question: What is the best memory from your trip?
That the Cinque Terre really lives up to the hype and visiting the towns there was a dream come true.